This patch implements map pings by sending the pinged location via chat and show that on the minimap. (I think a simulation command would be the wrong place for that.)
Therefore middle mouse click gui events are implemented.
- Is there a better way to call the ping function of the minimap from js?
- The drawing is super hacky! Maybe @vladislavbelov can improve that? I probably can't. I imagine multiple concentric circles per ping.
Ping doesn't disappear after a certain time. No sound is played.But still a new sound needed. Use the color of the player that did the ping as ping color?
- Can't ping on the real map.
No ping entity on real map created.But still a ping entity needed No limitation on how often a player can ping.Ping frequency is limited for the sender gui. I guess we might also need a reciever-side limitation.
- Should the player need to research sharedLos to see a ping of an other player?
- Add a GUI button with an unassigned hotkey for those that don't have a third mouse button.
- Existing flare doesn't change color when diplomacycolor is toggled.