This patch adjusts the footprints, obstruction sizes, and wall piece lengths; many were actually too large, a few too small.
It is the result of a rather time-consuming trial-and-error process. What I did is place walls in Atlas, select them to show their current footprints, zoom in, then edit the footprint values in their specific templates, relaunch the game, and repeat all steps until the footprint closely fits the visible actor, then move on to the next civ wallset.
(Most wall segments turned out to have the same length (though different depths), so that simplified things a bit.)
The heights are approximate guesses. If anyone knows of an appropiate method to obtain the exact values, please let me know.
Summary list of changes:
- <Footprint/Square> width and depth determined by repeated trial-and-error (see above)
- <Footprint/Height> is equal to:
- <GarrisonHolder/VisibleGarrisonPoints/Archer1/Y> + 1 for wall segments
- <StatusBars/HeightOffset> - 1 for gates and wall towers
- <Obstruction/Static> width and depth are equal to <Footprint/Square> width and depth - 1
- <StatusBars/HeightOffset> is determined by repeated trial-and-error
- <WallSet/Length> is equal to <Obstruction/Static> width
- because most wall segments are basically the same for all civs (short is 12, medium 24, long 36), those values are moved to the shared generic parent templates
- only the ptol and sele segments have different lengths, which is annoying, but I suppose redoing them in Blender is too much work
- wall towers of different civs have noticably different sizes
- the skirmish default templates ought to have the dimensions of the largest possible outcome; for the tower, this is cart; for the segments, rome; for the gate, ptol.
[EDIT]: Also adjust footprints etc. for palisades and cart low walls.