All wonder actors look as if they're made out of stone. In game they cost 1000 of each resource. This patch removes the food cost and increases the stone cost by 50%, reducing the resource total to 3500. Wonders are very much larger than fortresses, therefore it makes sense they cost more stone (still a lot less than the 5000 present in a stone quarry), and food is a resource for units (and technologies); like other structures, it indirectly costs food, because builders cost food to train, and can't work farms when building the structures or quarrying stone.
[EDIT]: Further changes:
- The epic temple heal aura is removed from the wonder, making it easier to attack.
- Wonders are excluded from build time and health technologies and civilization bonuses, because that gives an advantage in Wonder victory games.
- Monumental Architecture technology is altered:
- previously it increased health by a quarter and halved build time of wonders, centres, temples, and pyramids, which means they're built or repaired (health/time) 2.5× as fast as the equivalent structures of other civs, which seems highly unbalanced;
- instead, it now increases the build time, capture points, and health of Civic structures by 20%;
- cost is changed from 1000 total to 600 stone, to compensate for it being less powerful;
- available at the civic centre in the town phase (instead of at large pyramid in city phase), to make it easier accessable and useful earlier in game.
- Changed the parent of the Kushite Small and Large Pyramids from `*_special to *_civic;
- pyramids are no longer garrisonable;
- slightly tweaked pyramid territory radius;
- removed some unnecessary lines.
- The Small Pyramid, which was the only other structure that costs food, has its cost changed to 300 stone, 100 metal.
- The Large Pyramid:
- its cost is reduced to 450 stone, 150 metal;
- the economic and territory auras are removed from the large pyramid, to differentiate it from small pyramids and theatres;
- the military aura radius is increased from 60 to 70, which means it covers an area about twice as large (49/25) as the iber monument, which is cheaper and weaker;
- the military aura also gives soldiers +1 armour level, which means they're 11% harder (1/0.9) to kill.