In the past alphas we had activities of champions unit much more constant than now.
Ok, it was not so good because we had a quick rush p3 + champions, that was boring, champions dominate every game.
So we had a "agressive" nerf, a little big for me. Champions are impractical now at least in "competitive games".
No reason to train champions. They are extremely expensive cost, cost, benefit is much lower than citizens units like javelins or slingers for example.
You rarely see any champions in team games now, should be a constant unit in late games (I don't remember seeing champion cavalry in my last 50 games).
The purpose of the patch is to put a cost more appropriate to champion units. Small change, making it a more practical unit, without becoming the main unit like other alpha.
- Cost reduction by 25% maintaining a high metal cost;
- Correct loot (elephant champion too);
- Same cost for all champions (looks better for future patch where the values are different for champions type);
- Make cost of mercenaries champion same than others champions giving a food cost.
- Change cost of unit_cavalry_melee_swordsman cavalry for the same from unit_infantry_melee_swordsman (40 wood, 10 metal);
- Correct loot for unit_infantry_melee_swordsman and unit_cavalry_melee_swordsman (4 wood , 1 metal);
- Cleaning templates and removing unnecessary lines.
See also D2866.