This adds a new random map, Alpine Mountains : https://wildfiregames.com/forum/index.php?/topic/28391-random-map-alpine-mountains/
Things to note/discuss as of now :
- The name Alpine Mountains could feel kind of generic, maybe it could be more specific, like "Julian Alps" but I don't really have much ideas in that regard.
- I tried for at least 30 minutes to make a map preview for my other map Britannic Road, but failed utterly, so I don't have one for this map either.
- One way to ensure bigger passages between players is to run the flood fill with a tile class that is clMountain + a 2-tile border. This could cause a bit more restarts but I think it's worth it and will probably add that soon.
- It's not possible to find player placements after generating forests, it would leave a too small space left for player positions in some cases (typically 4v4 Tiny)
- I'm not satisfied how nomad placement is done now. First it doesn't try to find a decent distance between players, and second, if the map is divided in 2 distinct areas the players will spawn on either one, and it could be quite small (in that case a restart would be preferred). For player distance I could fix that but didn't as of now since we could go for a different approach (like restarting generation from the beginning)
- The initial ressources players have should be quite well balanced. However, the expansion opportunities can be imbalanced sometimes.