This patch changes the following:
- Fishing boat construction time from 20 to 15 (biremes have 20, triremes 25, quinqueremes 30).
- Tweaked merchant ships:
- cost from 0 wood + 100 metal to 200 wood + 100 metal (land traders cost 100 food + 80 metal);
- base trade gain increased by a third, from 0.75 to 1 (land traders have 0.75);
- movement speed is unchanged at ×1.35 (land traders have ×1);
- +50% health, from 400 to 600 (land traders have 100);
- same armour as other ships (except fishing boats).
- Quinquereme population from 3 to 5 (biremes have 2, triremes 3).
- Warships get a 2:1 wood to metal cost:
- bireme from 125 wood + 50 metal to 120 wood + 60 metal;
- trireme from 150 wood + 150 metal to 240 wood + 120 metal;
- quinquereme from 350 wood + 350 stone + 200 metal to 500 wood + 250 metal;
- juggernaut from 400 wood + 350 stone + 300 metal to 800 wood + 400 metal.
- Ship loot is standardized to 10% of costs, similar to other units.
- Removed <xp> from fishing boat and merchant ship, since they can't attack.
Because merchantmen have a third more trade gain, a third more movement speed, and a lot more health and armour, and trade routes become far more profitable the longer the distance, as consequence garrisoning land traders in merchant ships might become an interesting option in some special cases (#3428).