D2782 / rP23753 made rams slower and prevented them from attacking fields or organic units.
D2815 / rP24528 allowed all civs to construct rams.
D3345 / rP24606 tweaked ram costs, loot, and footprints.
D3684 would change ram attack classes.
Currently there are effectively two types of rams: those of the Kushites, Persians, and Romans and those of all other civilizations.
- removes the Kushite, Persian, Roman +20% ram attack damage bonus;
- introduces three ram sizes:
- athen, brit, cart, gaul, iber, spart have small rams, which cost 10% less wood, have 10% less health, and keep the current movement speed (0.8×);
- mace, maur, ptol, sele have medium rams, which keep the current costs and health, but have slightly less movement speed (0.75×);
- kush, pers, rome have large rams, which cost 10% more wood, have 10% more health, and a have a bit less movement speed (0.7×).
- Attack ranges are defined in the specific ram files, because that's where the footprints are defined; the attack range is set at half the footprint length + 1 (the same formula used by animals and melee cavalry).
As a consequence, civilizations in 0 A.D. are slightly less similar, hopefully without unbalancing the game.