- rP24808: Alpha name V3.
Should be complete (I used grep and sed).
Build has FAILED
Link to build: https://jenkins.wildfiregames.com/job/docker-differential/4773/display/redirect
See console output for more information: https://jenkins.wildfiregames.com/job/docker-differential/4773/display/redirectconsole
Build is green
builderr-debug-macos.txt /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/ranlib: file: ../../../binaries/system/libengine_dbg.a(precompiled.o) has no symbols ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks//CoreAudio.framework/CoreAudio.tbd and library file /System/Library/Frameworks//CoreAudio.framework/CoreAudio are out of sync. Falling back to library file for linking. ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks//AudioToolbox.framework/AudioToolbox.tbd and library file /System/Library/Frameworks//AudioToolbox.framework/AudioToolbox are out of sync. Falling back to library file for linking. ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks//ForceFeedback.framework/ForceFeedback.tbd and library file /System/Library/Frameworks//ForceFeedback.framework/ForceFeedback are out of sync. Falling back to library file for linking. ld: warning: text-based stub file /System/Library/Frameworks//CoreVideo.framework/Cor
See https://jenkins.wildfiregames.com/job/macos-differential/3115/display/redirect for more details.
Is one more correct than the other?
No matter what the answer is, actually, I don't think we should do another hotfix for something not too broken. The game is in Alpha stage and there are numerous inconsistencies probably.
That's not the issue here. The problem is that string freeze is supposed to be a period for translators where they don't have to worry about string changing. The unfortunate bug with the translation script broke that.
Assuming we had some fast translations a today, changing it again would mean breaking them again. That's why we're reluctant to fix it for something so small. Additionally it will be translated anyway, so languages are free to do what they want with it.
Yes, I understand, that's why I used sed to manually replace all occurrences in both the *.pot and the *.po files, removing the need to wait for the autobuild scripts running and for translators to retranslate these strings again. It can be committed after the translation freeze.
(If one had simply copied the string from the Xerxes template, all this wouldn't have been necessary.)