There are some problems with this tech:
- Build time alone is not attractive enough.
- its cost is expensive, almost the cost of a new cc.
- is only available in phase town, which makes it basically useless in team games. Team games are usually population 200, when you get to town phase, you basically have a full population, so there is no reason to build more houses for example.
Patch proposal is make the tech a real gain for the player.
- Researched in the village phase.
- Decreases the cost of buildings by 25%.
- Decrease its cost from 500s / 500m to 250w / 250s, changing metal for wood, less essential in village phase.
- Decreases the research time from 60 to 40. It is not a fighting technology, and as it is researched in the center, in the first phase, it seems to be more appropriate.
Food and metal added to tech is only for future consistencies.