Cavalry health and cavalry speed upgrades were a step in the right direction, but wound up serving as a general buff to cavalry. This patch goes much farther and adds a collection of unit specific upgrades available in different combinations to each civ.
- Each upgrade aims to differentiate units into their roles and also civs from other civs. They may even be trade-off techs.
- upgrades are researched from production buildings instead of the forge.
- 4-8 upgrades are available per civ depending on balance.
- Lastly, these upgrades do not apply to mercenaries. Mercenaries are hired with their abilities already "baked in" so to speak, so they should not get these upgrades.
- think of a good level 2 upgrade for archers, crossbows, and skirmisher cavalry
- crossbows and skirmisher cavalry upgrade should be an interesting tradeoff.
- should we remove the archer accuracy tech from the forge as well?
-adjust prices, stats as necessary
-agree on which civs get which upgrades