D1036/rP20682 introduced a “maceman” class and introduced a separate maceman champion template for the Mauryan yoddha warrior. D1343 is currently debating balancing the newly introduced Kushite units.
To me a club and a mace are similar weapons: both are blunt, heavy, and primarily deal impact (crush) damage. Therefore it would make sense to convert the Kushite clubman into a maceman and base its stats on the existing maceman template. That's what this patch does:(The Kushites were introduced in rP21128.)
* introduce a non-champion infantry macemanD1355/rP23780 introduced separate template (attack is 50% the champion's) and make its for axemen, differentiating the parent for the clubmanm from swordsmen.
* rename kush clubman to kush macemanSimilar to those two, this patch introduces citizen and hero maceman templates, the former used by the Kushite Nuba mercenary (it's weapon is visibly clearly a mace).
* introduce a hero infantry maceman template* Similar to other melee soldier types, just in casemacemen have a 1:2:4 citizen to champion to hero attack damage.
* remove redefined vision from hero infantry swordsmanCompared to axemen and swordsmen, macemen have no hack damage but more crush damage, making them less effective vs soldiers but better vs structures.
* To compensate for that, macemen are slightly slower and have one less hack and pierce armour level than axemen.
* Kushite template renames are not done here, because it doesn't make sense it would have less vision than similarto avoid conflict with D2536 and D2685.
* Kushite art renames not done heroes (e.g.e either, pikeman)they are included in D2688.