Without preknowledge about the historic gamesetup traffic accidents, it will be hard to judge the correctness of the implementation, let alone the correctness of the code design at all.
Without having spent several months there and D322 in particular, I would have lacked the knowledge to even write the patch.
Testing that would be useful and doesn't require knowledge about the gamesetup code is:
- blackbox testing every possible gamesetting -
As one of the goals of the gamesetup class rewrite is to not error out but sanitize / reset / delete values if invalid ones were received,
one could read the code and see if there are assumptions on g_GameAttributes that may be violated by a malicious client or broken matchsettings file.
StartingResources, PopulationCap, StartingTechnologies, DisabledTechnologies, DisabledTemplates:
- Belgian Uplands can be tested for DisabledTemplates
- Carthaginian Sandbox map can be tested for StartingTechs.
- Death Canyon Invasion force can be tested to see if StartingRes / PopCap per player and DisabledTemplates works. Pay additional notice to the gamedscription / objectives dialog not misinforming anymore.
- Polar Sea can be tested for DisabledTechs.
- Jebel Barkal can be tested for Difficulty
- Mainland for biomes
- Notice that these attributes are not persisted between mapchanges.
- Garrison property can be tested on Sicilia Nomad, refs D2562.