Siege techs are not used in the current meta, hardly see any player researching.
Techs are outdated for a23 and even more for a24, with the current changes in balance.
The benefits is below compared to cost, for example:
- siege_cost_wood costs a total of 1250 res and give -20% wood cost for siege engines. Siege tower is the siege unit that costs more wood (500). 500/5=100x12=1200. Need to build 12 siege tower for technology pay yourself. Similar to siege_cost_metal.
What the patch proposes is a fairer cost for techs, so that it can become part of a strategy in future games in a24.
With the ram adjustment and the possible "return" of champions to the game, this patch seems to be necessaryand give different technologies to civilizations.
- Siegecraft tech: Siege weapons −20% wood cost and build time. Cost: wood 200, stone 200, metal 200.
- Military Engineers: Siege weapons –50% pack and unpack time. Cost: food 400, stone 200, metal 200.
- Capped Ram: Battering Ram +30% crush damage. Cost: metal 400.
- Armor plating: Siege Tower and Battering Ram +2 hack armor. Cost: wood 200, metal 300.
- Artillery Instructors: Bolt Shooters and Stone Thrower −30% spread. Cost: food 400, stone 200, metal 200.