Wall turrets are rather problematic: they don't have build restrictions, but they can be used to protect garrisoned units for firing, they are much slower and much costlier to build than other wall pieces (to the point that if you just want to wall, you should just delete them), and they are also OP but I hope to merge D3465 so this won't be relevant.
This diff changes all that by basically just making them fancy short pieces. It:
- Makes it possible to visibly garrison them, but not to garrison-fire them. This makes them much more like other wall pieces, and the lack of build restrictions is no longer problematic since you can just kill the turrets.
- Therefore, it makes them cost about the same as a short wall piece.
- Gives them an upgrade to a proper Defence tower (with build restrictions & build limits).
This is indirectly a major rebalance of walls, because their cost was mostly driven by wall towers in both cost and build time. They suddenly become much faster and less costly to build.
The 'problem' is the graphic element.
Some civilisations will work right out the box, such as kushites:
Others look absurd, like Maurya, where the wall towers also don't work for visible garrisoning.
Finally we also have civs that have proper wall-towers for visibly garrisoning but improper Defence Towers:
So we need to:
- Rework the wall turrets of civs where visible garrisoning isn't possible (Maurya at least)
- Rework the defence towers of civs where they look ridiculous inside the wall. For some civs (e.g. Iber I think) an oversized sentry tower would actually match quite well.
It's possible that we don't want to use the actual defence tower template/actor, I merely did this out of diff convenience.