- User Since
- Apr 5 2019, 7:29 PM (7 w, 2 d)
- Can anyone help me how to make a function of the sorting (in Resources.js)? (And in test_Player.js.)
- Which of the two functions I introduced in Resources.js would be most efficient? Currently GetTributableCodes/GetBarterableCodes/GetTradableCodes is used, which is just an array of the respective codes. Should I just remove the other functions since they are not used?
(Hopefully) fixed serialising. (Load/Save works fine.)
Mon, May 20
- Moved position remembering to the order.
- Walking state after finishing.
Sun, May 19
- Movement animation.
- Return to beginposition after finishing scouting.
- Removed redundant function (entities near position in UnitAI)
- Shrunk targetPos
- Let the method use positions rather than GAIA-entities
- Changed C-function name
- Changed years in C-files
I have a question on how to proceed. I have basically three options now:
- Use the point at which the scout command is given as a reference point and scout in ever increasing circles. (Note that this will not use the hard-fought new function.)
- Use the entity's current location and move (semi-)randomly to the nearest unexplored territory.
- Just randomly pick unexplored locations in the map and try to move to it, even if the first point is very far away.
There may be other options, which I would love to hear ;) I currently am trying to implement the second method.
Thanks @Angen it works now! It is indeed strange that the vector did not work, maybe I'll find out some day.
Just a question: should it not be "entity_pos_t z" instead of "entity_pos_t y"? For I thought that "y" is the height?
Sat, May 18
Add const at ccmps.
Added C-changes proposed by @Angen , because I need help getting it buildable.
Removed duplicate type in cmpDamage.CauseProximityDamage at CauseDamage.
Ensured that a sea-creature is not targetted, but this is not the way it should be ;)
Lubuntu, NVIDIA 512 MB graphics card: no error, warning or anything alike.
It would be nice if an entity could see further if it were standing higher, so one could overlook a field when standing on a nearby hill, but I don't know whether that is in the scope of this patch ;)
Wed, May 15
Mon, May 13
Sorry for the removed subscription, I don't know what happened,,,
Fri, May 10
This button should be moved from the selection panel to next to the minimap and iterate over all entities, I guess?
- Converted to call-to-arms button (so lots of changes).
- Removed some rudementary braces
- Edited Siege-tower template to comply with new template method
Wed, May 8
Wed, May 1
- Added test
- Replaced the timer-check at init with one at Ownership-change to prevent entities with OnlyWhenMoving == true to do damage upon creation.
- Use range query instead of EntitiesNearPoint as suggested by Angen
- Typo (bonusses)
- Fixed error with FriendlyFire
- Updated JSDoc
Tue, Apr 30
Mon, Apr 29
Sun, Apr 28
Sat, Apr 27
If I read this correctly, the constraint whether an entity is worked is removed because it is unrealistic that a dead animal decays slower when attended. But shouldn't the option at least be given? For it could be quite useful when considering farms: attended by workers means it grows (quickly), essentially making it an infinite supply, but when no workers are working it it decays. (This would make prolonged raiding a real pain.) This would probably require the generically named "constraint" to be renamed to something a bit more specific, e.g. "livingStatus".
Some minor fixes.
Better way for checking unit motion. Some more fixes.
Apr 26 2019
Implemented some suggestions.
It's okay ;)
Sorry, didn't wait for reaction about the currency, I implemented it during lunch.
Okay, from what I see it is almost done?
Things to discuss:
- resourceTradable/resourceBarterable/resourceTributable Objects are not used by me and can be removed I guess? Unless someone sees any useful application for it?
- Connected: If the above is done, the question about the caching is not relevant anymore, right?
- Duplication in the Resources.js and in the test_Player.js can be reduced. (I'm sorry, but I do not consider myself up to that task.)
- Should I add a currency parameter in this patch so that @wowgetoffyourcellphone and @Nescio are happy? ;) (see this thread)
- Are there any other things that ought to be done?
And a question, there are no reviewers, should I invite them or do they pick differentials themselve?
Fixed confusing names, AI tribute requests and removed unnecessary test in code.
Apr 25 2019
Some minor fixes.
Some fixes and Petra-AI should now follow the constraints, which is difficult to test fully.
I'm already checking out the code there, it is quite similar but has a few things I didn't think of.
Apr 24 2019
Yes, it would indeed be better, but if it is like this one can just add a new resource exactly the same way as before. I don't mind to copy extra code when making a new resource, but I reckoned this is less prone to error?
The screenshots I cannot add, but the icon is just not shown in the trade/diplomacy window. Except the small barter window when selecting the market, I couldn't find what to change to make sure that is not shown there.
I haven't changed the AI, so that will still ask for the resources and barter them also I guess, I didn't check actually. I can try and look for the code in Petra to fix it, but that will take some time.
Apr 23 2019
I certainly would like to be complete, but the unit tests seem a little too complicated for me now :)
Is the JSDoc somewhat better now?
Some documentation mainly.
Apr 22 2019
I understand :)
Applied Stan's inline suggestions.
Apr 21 2019
Perhaps my summary is a bit ambiguous, this allows a unit to have trample damage, so it can charge 'through' a formation of units whilst dealing damage. Useful for e.g. chariots, elephants, macadonian fire-raiser et alii.
Apr 20 2019
Apr 7 2019
Changed some var to let in the vicinity, reduced indirection at line 1897.
Applied feedback (check for cmpAttack, revert test arrow for SiegeTower)