Random.h is currently used only in one test, and can be safely replaced by mersenne_twister for test purposes. As it's not used anywhere else it's useless and can be removed.
- Group Reviewers
Restricted Owners Package (Owns No Changed Paths)
- rP22175: Remove useless class, test class and use boost instead of it in…
rP22178: Fix rP22175. Refs #5428
Check that the removal make sense.
Successful build - Chance fights ever on the side of the prudent.
Linter detected issues: Executing section Source... source/simulation2/components/tests/test_RangeManager.h | 1| /*·Copyright·(C)·2017·Wildfire·Games. | | [NORMAL] LicenseYearBear: | | License should have "2019" year instead of "2017" Executing section JS... Executing section cli...
I accept this because:
- Project builds
- WELL512 is used only to test rangeManager
- claims to be effectively a better version of MT19937, however used only once for test since 2011 (mt19937 requires 2496 bytes - not really too much I think)
- looks to me like not needed class just for this file ( I do not think anyone runs tests every day to need this boost in memory )
- boost::mt19937 is used in: test_Sqrt (last change in file 2011 after WELL512 introduction), Noise (2006 introduction with mt19937 not replaced by WELL512), ObjectBase, ParticleManager