This patch is similar to D1036/rP20682 (champion maceman) and D2595 (elephant archer).
This one creates separate generic templates for camels, independent of the cavalry templates. Their lines are mostly copied from the existing cavalry templates, with the following differences:
- They have a Camel visible class instead of Cavalry, and as a consequences:
- the Petra AI needs D2251 to be able to train them;
- they no longer benefit from Cavalry technologies.
- Gameplay stat tweaks:
- <Armour/Hack>: 3 → 1
- <Health/Max>: 100 → 140
- <Loot/xp>: 130 → 140
- <Promotion/RequiredXp>: 150 → 140
- Footprints and status bar heights are taken from D2496, sounds from their specific children.
Furthermore, the two camel units (Blemmye javelineer for kush, Arab camel archer for kush) are renamed, and while at it, adding a suffix similar to those of cart mercenaries. Moreover, other civs can train Arab camels at captured ptol centres, since they don't have any camel units.