This patch implements map flares by sending the flared location via simulation command and show that on the minimap.
To trigger a flare you can either use a hotkey that modifies your click action or use the minimap button to start a preselected action and then click on somewhere on the terrain or on the minimap.
The flare indicator on the minimap will have the displaycolor of the player that flared. (I account for toggling of diplomacycolors, but only in the moment a new flare is created. So a flare doesn't change it's color in the midst of its life.)
TODO (on my side):
I draw circles by drawing a scaled circle texture. I should try using a fragment shader for a prettier result. (Maybe even multiple concentric circles per flare?)
- Limit the number of flares on the receiver side?
Lower the texture size to 256x156 pixels as soon as the general look is accepted.
- Target markers should be also colored in playercolor.
- Improve animation
- ARB shaders for drawing the circle textures
- apply the mask (rP24141) to the circles. (Maybe for the perspective rect as well)
TODO (probably for someone else):
- highlighted version of the flare button
- Target Marker for flaring
- Flaring sound
First try with one texture:
Old version with rectangles: