This patch implements map pings by sending the pinged location via simulation command and show that on the minimap.
To trigger a ping you can either use a hotkey that modifies your click action or use the minimap button to start a preselected action and then click on somewhere on the terrain or on the minimap.
The ping indicator on the minimap will have the displaycolor of the player that pinged. (I account for toggling of diplomacycolors, but only in the moment a new ping is created. So a ping doesn't change it's color in the midst of its life.)
TODO (on my side):
- I draw circles by drawing a scaled circle texture. I should try using a fragment shader for a prettier result. (Maybe even multiple concentric circles per ping?)
- Limit the number of flares on the receiver side?
- Lower the texture size to 256x156 pixels as soon as the general look is accepted.
- Target markers should be also colored in playercolor.
TODO (probably for someone else):
- highlighted version of the flare button
- Target Marker for flaring
- Flaring sound
First try with one texture:
Old version with rectangles: