The “Will to Fight” (attack_soldiers_will.json) is very powerful and also very expensive. It's currently researchable at the fortress. This patch moves it to the wonder instead, for several reasons:
- 0 A.D.'s wonders are basically super temples. What better location to inspire your army to fight than at a major religious site?
- The technologies strings mention higher pay. Since sanctuaries are sacred and stealing from gods is not supposed to go unpunished (at least in theory), it was quite usual in antiquity for states to store their treasures in temples. Some examples:
- numerous Greek city-states had treasure houses at Panhellenic sites such as Delphi or Olympia, partly for emergencies (e.g. rebuilding your city after it was destroyed by an earthquake), partly to gain favour with the gods (look at all these nice things we keep at your house), and partly for propoganda (showing off to the rest of the Greek world how rich you are);
- the treasure of the Delian League was initially located at the temple of Apollo on Delos, before it was moved to the Athenian acropolis (giving Athens even more control);
- during the Early Republic, the Roman treasure was located at the temple of Saturn;
- the sanctuary of Corent (the new Gaul wonder) had a mint.
- It provides an extra incentive to build wonders.
Because wonders are much more expensive than fortresses, this patch also removes the technology's wood and stone costs (which didn't make much sense anyway), to compensate.