- The elephant archer's population is increased from 1 to 2 (champion elephants have 3).
- The elephant archer's attack damage is halved, to be the same value as that of cavalry archers.
- The elephant archer's resistance is lowered to 1 hack and 1 pierce, to be the same as that of cavalry and infantry archers, making comparing easier.
- To compensate, its health is raised, furthering the gap with cavalry.
- Its costs is changed from 175 food + 75 wood to 200 food + 50 wood (cavalry archers cost 100 food + 50 wood, infantry 50 each).
- The experience loot it grants is lowered to 200 (champion elephants give 300).
- The experience required to promote to the next level is raised by a third.
Together this makes elephant archers less deadly, yet still interesting and different from other archers.