Currently Britons and Gauls have the same two civ bonuses:
- economic structures grant a population bonus;
- all structures have a reduced build time.
This is probably a leftover from when they were still a single civilization in game. However, either is already a great bonus, especially in the early game, because less time spent on building houses means more available to get gather resources. Having both compounds this. No wonder both Britons and Gauls are considered “over-powered” in competitive multiplayer.
This patch splits the bonuses, keeping one for the Britons, the other for the Gauls, differentiating the two, making them less similar from each other.
[EDIT] The Briton population bonuses are now set in a single json file, instead of in individual xml templates. Effectively this means:
- blacksmith, farmstead, fortress, storehouse: unchanged at 2;
- barracks: from 4 to 2;
- market: from 5 to 2;
- dock: from 2 to 5+2=7 (other civs have 5);
- rotary mill, range, stable, workshop: from 0 to 2.